domingo, 15 de septiembre de 2019

THE LAW OF THREE (66) Who Is The Third One?


THE LAW OF THREE (66)

WHO IS THE THIRD ONE?


WHO IS THE THIRD who walks always beside you?
When I count, there are only you and I together
But when I look ahead up the white road
There is always another one walking beside you
Gliding wrapt in a brown mantle, hooded
I do not know whether a man or a woman
-But who is that on the other side of you?

"The Waste Land" T.S. Eliot



According to the law of three, every phenomenon and event in creation is the work of three independent forces: active, passive, reconciling. A dual perception is only aware of one or two forces: the initiating force and the resisting force. Awareness of the presence and action of a third force requires developing a non dual perception. It is from a dual perspective when Sta. Teresa of Avila says: "We pray to God as if He was absent."

Duality is the world of thinking. Thought is responsible for the illusion that 'I' (an imaginary character) 'can do'. The illusion that 'I can do' was shaken when St. Paul discovered: " I do not understand what I do, for what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do." St Paul was struggling with the thoughts of sin.  I suggest that St Paul´s real struggle was with a dual perception.

The eye of duality is unaware of  presence that underlies all experience:

"That which makes the eye see, but needs no I to see, that alone is Spirit"  Upanishades

But who is that one on the other side of you? The seer that sees though all eyes cannot be seen* but it can be revealed in the sudden entry of a Third Force when we realise that we are neither the seer or the seen but the seeing that brings the seer and seen into a unitive or triadic  experience.


* "The observer that can be observed in not the observer." Dvid Finkelstain.


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

THE LAW OF THREE (80) War in The Holy Land and The Reconciling Force

    The Law of Three (80) War in The Holy Land and The Reconciling Force  Today ,  I am taking sides. I am taking the side of  Peace . Peace...