viernes, 29 de marzo de 2019

LAW OF THREE (53) Decision


LAW OF THREE (53)

DECISION

"God made man so that He could know Himself." G.I. Gurdjieff


WHO OR WHAT DECIDES?

The nature of decision has occupied my mind for a long time.  I mean decisions beyond the ordinary day to day choices.  For example:  Did I decide to be born?   Obviously this is a question that cannot be resolved with my ordinary level of consciousness

I would like to differentiate two kinds of decisions: 1. Decisions that come from the Ego, the Me, or the False self and 2. the decisions that come from an I, or Self, beyond the sphere of my ordinary self-consciousness which might through some light to the question:  Did I decide to be born?

The Decision that come form the ego can be traced back to the play the three active forces of thought-feeling-sensation acting continuously in our minds and the predominance of one of the three forces over the others.. 

I gave the example of shopping for a pair of shoes and purchasing them on the basis of the predominant emotional force of liking,  which power or force decided the acquisition of the shoes. 

However there are decisions that the ego cannot make:

As a young man at the age of 26, I was walking down a local street, when a decision struck my being. I was to leave my comfortable life in Spain and move to England! The decision came out of infinity. And even though such possibility had been playing in my mind for years the enabling power and force of the decision had not entered my awareness until that instant. From then on the pattern of my life was completely restructured

Strictly speaking, I did not take the decision... and yet.... something beyond myself... which is still at the very core and centre of myself ... took the decision... which I was bound to obey!

An experience that I guess might be recognisable by most of us.



No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario

THE LAW OF THREE (80) War in The Holy Land and The Reconciling Force

    The Law of Three (80) War in The Holy Land and The Reconciling Force  Today ,  I am taking sides. I am taking the side of  Peace . Peace...